All admissions are co-ordinated through Wigan Local Authority. Applications can be made online by visiting: Wigan Application Form. Our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 150.

Any unsuccessful applicants have the right to appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel in accordance with the Education Act 1993. Parents who have been unsuccessful in their application for a place at Dean Trust Rose Bridge for Year 7 entry must indicate their wish to appeal and can obtain a form online or directly from the attendance office at school.

All appeals must be lodged no later than 31st March and all appeals will be heard during June. All appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing at least 10 school days in advance of the hearing, as well as a copy of the school’s case, a reasonable time before the date of the hearing.

In Year Admissions and Transfers

An ‘in year transfer’ (IYT) is the term used when children transfer from one school to another school during the academic year. If you are hoping to move your child from one secondary school to another within Wigan, please read the information at this link carefully. If you need any further advice or support about this process, please contact the School Inclusion Team on 01942 489013.

To apply, please use the Wigan Council IYT form. You can complete and submit the form online at:


  • download and print off a copy from the Wigan Council website
  • request a printed copy of the form by ringing 01942 489013.

Printed forms must be posted to:

School Organisation Team, People Directorate, Wigan Council, PO BOX 100, WN1 3DS

Whichever form you complete, you must also ensure that the ‘Current school information form’ is also completed and returned within 5 school days of your application being completed. If you are transferring more than child, you must submit a separate form for each child. If you have any supporting evidence to submit in relation to your application you can email this to or post this with your printed form.

For those families that would like to apply for a Local Authority free bus pass, please follow the following link: .

We do provide EAL (English as an Additional Language) to our pupils. For more information on the support we can offer, please phone the school office and ask to speak to Ms Janet Burrows (iClass Lead).


To top
Skip to content